LUBRICANT EYE OINTMENT
For Nighttime Use as a Lubricant to Relieve Dryness of the Eye
I-DEFENSE® is a long-lasting, lubricating ointment that relieves burning, irritation, and discomfort due to nighttime eye dryness.
Containing lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum, I-DEFENSE®’s formulation is extremely effective at providing immediate relief at night for patients suffering from eye dryness and is well tolerated by the patient. It can also help to reduce irritation from sun or wind exposure that may have occurred during the day.
I-DEFENSE® is recommended for nighttime use. Upon application, the patient may experience a foreign body sensation that will pass after several blinks. If used during the day, it is recommended that the patient does not drive a car or operate heavy machinery, as their vision may be blurry due to the consistency of the ointment. I-DEFENSE® is most effective when used at night while the patient is asleep, which allows the ointment to remain on the cornea longer.
Do not use I-DEFENSE® with contact lenses.
Lubricating Eye Ointment
To Relieve Dryness of the Eye
- ✔ Contains lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum
- ✔ Designed for immediate, long-lasting lubrication
- ✔ Relieves discomfort due to minor irritations of the eye
Format size: 5 g (0.18 fl. oz) tube
I-DEFENSE® comes in a sterile tube. In order to keep the tip of the tube and the contents sterile, it is recommended that I-DEFENSE® be dropped into the eye, without touching the cornea or surrounding tissues.
I-DEFENSE® should be used within eight weeks of opening.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Wash your hands well before you use I-DEFENSE®
- When initially opening I-DEFENSE®, do not use the first delivery of the ointment, which may be aqueous. Gently squeeze the tube until the ointment begins to come out.
- Tilt your head up slightly and pull the lower eyelid downwards, to form a pouch.
- Hold the tube vertical to your eye.
- Press the tube gently to release a small quantity of the product on your eye (preferably at night). Repeat this process for your other eye.
- If an additional daily dose is required, apply a small quantity of the ointment to your eyes every three to four hours, or according to your doctor’s instructions.
- Please ensure that the tip of the tube does not touch anything, including your eye or your fingers.
- Close the cap tightly after use.